The perfect accompaniment to a spiced steak dinner with all the trimmings… Nick (Brand Head Bartender for The New World Trading Company) has created this amazing concoction of sweet, sour and spicy.
What you need:
- 4 wedges of fresh lime
- 1 sliced red chilli (deseeded)
- 15ml Vanilla sugar syrup
- 45ml Velho Barrerio
- 7.5ml Benedictine
- 4 healthy dashes of Tabasco Original
- extra lime wedges and fresh red chilli to garnish
- Crushed ice cubes
What to do:
- Add the crushed ice to your serving glass and set aside.
- Muddle the juice of the lime, chilli slices and vanilla together in a cocktail mixer (if you don’t have all the cocktail utensils you can bash up in a pestle and mortar).
- Add all the other ingredients to a mixer and shake well.
- Pour the well-shaken mixture over crushed ice, and top with a cap of extra crushed ice.
- Garnish with chilli, lime wedges and serve.